19 Jun 2014

Infusions to blow away Confusions

DISCLAIMER: All the views expressed on this blog are mine and Wings of Harmony, Mystical Skeptical Me and I are in no manner responsible for any action, impact or effect it may have upon anybody. Please use your own discretion. 

On that sweet note, I will begin. ;)

I recently had a chance to taste Rose flavored tea, which my brother got for us from Goa and needless to say, I keep looking forward to having a sip once a day, just for the fresh burst of fragrance and flavor which would invigorate my senses. This also reminded me of my habit of seeking naturally flavored beverages whenever I have felt my immunity (both physical and spiritual) go down. This post is just about that. Healing yourself spiritually and physically while drinking the most common of brews you might have come across!

What are some drinks which you can use to uplift your senses?

1. Water: Yes, the best source to alleviate anxiety is water. Instead of guzzling it chilled and causing yourself to bloat up, whenever you drink water, drink slowly, especially if you are standing, which in itself is not considered healthy in both Hinduism and Islam, the reason being the digestive problems it might cause. Therefore, if you have time,ensure that you sit and drink water, sip by sip and slowly.

It will not only fill you up but the process of slow drinking will help in clearing your mind.
Image Source

2. Green Tea: You can make yourself a cup and add a little ginger and few basil (Tulsi) leaves and have it warm. I have tried this and it has helped me immensely if I have felt emotionally down or a little off. You can replace green tea with normal tea, but just for color. The biggest thing is your thought process, for any healing to take place, and drinking something with natural substances, only adds to the overall process.

Image Source

3. Ginger Tea: In small quantity, average cup of ginger tea can soothe that ticklish throat and also ease your anxious nerves. You can also add cardamom for that added burst of flavor. Best for treating chest congestion and colds.
Image Source

4. Rose Tea: Known to give the drinker a rosy mood, Rose tea can be made at home by adding dried (in shade) leaves to your normal everyday tea powder (which should not have any other added flavor). It also soothes your breathing process and helps in uplifting the mood.

Image Source

5. Lemon+Mint Tea/Water: Best for summers and for quenching thirst that seems to grip every time you are out. Mint Leaves, after Tulsi leaves are heaven sent. Make liquor tea and add some Pudina leaves. You have a heady fresh concoction ready.

Image Source

I also make Mint+Milk tea, which is not only refreshing but cools you from within. The idea is to add the leaves in boiling water before you add milk and tea leaves. It is another infusion I look forward to, in summers. I am no expert when it comes to brewing concoctions, but these are few things which I have tried and know in my heart to soothe me when I need them to.

Beautiful Cup and Saucer set, I received as a gift from a beloved friend.

Also, try lighting a candle and sip any of the teas above, while in your balcony or while looking out from your window. Few minutes for yourself is the best thing you can do for yourself. 

Blessed be.

PS: You can tell me what drinks you use, to make yourself feel at ease :)



8 comments:

Atrocious Scribblings said...

MSM'ish post indeed.

Black Coffee does the trick if you have the taste for it.

Though, I am surprised you left out the obvious 'drinks' that make one feel at ease.

Not expected from a professional like you ;)

Wings of Harmony said...

@AS: So Atrocious!!! ;)

It does,but you know how it functions, right? ;)

The obvious drinks are not meant for mortals :D :D

Hope you get the taste of Godliness when I am around. I hope you are not missing my hubris here. ;)

SK said...

The biggest thing for any healing to take place is primarily your thought process. So true

Never tried rose tea before. Sounds alluring :)

Wings of Harmony said...

@SK: Hi SK!! Welcome here!

Glad you agree :D It is the will power and the way you think that makes a lot of difference. And then we have the Rose tea :)

Trust me, it smells heavenly! And since you are closer to Goa, you can ask someone to get it for you! :D

Keirthana said...

I do the time for myself thing with Green tea every evening. It's heavenly. With that cup full of hot green tea often with a flavor of lemon/mint/ginger and if I am back from work hungry, a couple of those nutritive oats/ragi biscuits to go.

I am hearing about the rose tea for the first time. I need to try it out :)

Karishma said...

Great article! And yes, Atrocioous is right too :D

Red Handed said...

I have green tea..Will add tulsi from now on :)

Wings of Harmony said...

@Keirthana: Yes!! It is really a nice "me" moment you can have before facing the world within and without! :D

@Karishma: Welcome here!! :D Thanks!! :D And AS is trying to tempt me to the darker side ;) which I have not shown in this post! :D

@Red: Do try...Achcha lagta hai! :D :D I missed you here!