17 Oct 2013

Wishes and Charms



There I lay, rusted and dying, 
Dreaming of the youth never ending.
Of dreams and memories fought for,
In a fragile life, I danced to the momentary lore.
Hands that held and threw me down,
Once I bowed to them and placed a crown.
Lies, deceptions, beauties and madness,
I wanted all, in my human caress.

Image Source

The blazing sun showers diamonds that shine,
But burning through my skin, I search for a hidden mine.
That would take me away from all,
But I gave in to the way, I fall.
Weathered wings, thrashed to the ground,
I am now hunted, once bloody hound.
Un-moving, I clutch the sands,
Searching to cling onto none of the million hands.

Image Source

And I die tonight, under the scattered battled skies,
One heart beat, reminding me of all the lies.
Wishes that never come true,
Despite the lucks and charms of the blue.
There is nothing, mere dust and no smile to lend,
I lie in bliss, soak in my end.

Image Source

6 comments:

Soumya said...

Oh wow, oh wow, you beauty you :)

Red Handed said...

One heart beat reminding me of all the lies....

Hmmm this made some memories spring back!!
Lovely!

Wings of Harmony said...

Soumya: :D :D :D Tumse tareef sunne ki baat hi kuch aur hai! :D :*

Red: Matters of heart, no matter where you are, always bring you back to the one moment when you might have crumbled to dust. Much love, sweetheart! :*

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Lyrical, melancholic and violent. Somehow it reminds me of Linkin park

You told me, "Yes"
You held me high
And I believed when you told that lie
I played soldier, you played king
And struck me down, when I kissed that ring
You lost that right, to hold that crown
I built you up, but you let me down
So when you fall, I'll take my turn
And fan the flames
As your blazes burn


Nice one WoH!

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Wings of Harmony said...

@BA: Ah! They have some wonderful words for what they sing! :D Thank you! :)

Meety said...

Awesome!!