7 Jun 2012

Let it Rain...

The World set itself right with the Rains pouring. I got drenched in rain for 20 minutes straight. Boy! I loved it. Now who doesn't believe in Magic? This is where it happens, on earth, before our eyes, around us! :) :) Okay, I am happy! I loved the water droplets caressing my face as I winked at the Sky. I had fought with him since morning, for he surely had plans to ruin my time on the terrace, but well, who knew - he'd surprise me with a nice cold shower! ;)

I miss my Black Mug. You know, the one which always accompanied me in my cold times? Here you go! This one's on rain too...Hmmmm...and I thought my love for rains was new found. How easily we forget the things we once used to love and move on, don't we? That's what intrigues me about humans. We have the ability to keep falling on our bums pretty hard, but then we spring back to life, just on the hope to fight again. Lovely! Psst: My mum's hoping my Blues Black Mug would break cause she hates that I even drink water in that! I will buy three black mugs if my this Mug breaks. Really. No one messes with my Mugs/Coffees/Ginger Tea.

Blues Black Mug Embracing Ginger Tea. 
Oh, have you ever noticed the little sparrows when it rains?? These days, while I am on terrace, there are these tiny birds, three pigeons and two Red-whiskered Bulbuls. They just sit there, all fluffy and quaffed, while I walk. In rains, they become all puffed up. It's funny! I just love watching them. 

Image Source: flickr.com
Who can beat the blues better than my ginger tea, rains and the birds! Oh and some may say, that rains are gloomy, but for me, they always mean washing away of  sorrows and miseries and pulling yourself above everything, bringing you close to yourself and Nature. *Definitely NOT in so many words* Lemme know lovely fellas, what Rains mean to you? Till the next time, people, cherish what you have and not chase after feathers in the rain. Blessed Be! :) :)

22 comments:

Swarnali said...

Rains....rains rains....hum toh chatak pakshi jaise muh khol ke rains ka intezaar kar rahe hain...aata hi nahi...u thoda bhejo mere liye...pleez
I have so many lovely memories associated with the rains.....evergreen ones..
I love everything about rains...garam jalebi and the rains...hot ginger tea...heaven!! :D :D
Getting drenched in the rain...dancing...slipping...falling...getting mud all over you...boy,I love everything about the rains!! Am a typical frog...oops...frodent :D :D

Atrocious Scribblings said...

Just reading your post about rains and ginger tea is making me feel refreshed. Throw in a plate of samosa's and wallah you have heaven.

Is it just me or have the sparrows just vanished all of a sudden? The only birds I seem to recollect seeing last time at home are the crows.

Cheers :)

Viya ;) said...

aaahhh... :) Rains = bliss!! .. it jus gives me the sqquuueaaky clean feeling! :D ...
rain and a hot plate of capsicum mirchi bajji!! :D ...

Rahul said...

To Music and rains...and the aster..;-)

Soumya said...

Ahh rains, it wipes away everything. Even if it is temporary. That's the beauty of it.

Sparrows?? Haan, pehle kabhi book mein picture dekha tha :P

Zeebs said...

Rain to me is a good book by a fireplace. It's sleeping for a whole day while listening to Schubert.

We have tonnes of sparrows in the Southern Hemisphere. Adorkable little beings.

phatichar said...

Ah..rains. Myriad thoughts, myriad feelings.

Not in the least skeptical, this post. nice. :)

Oh, and wrote this a long time ago - one evening that it rained. Hope you like it. :)

maithili said...

I love the rains and ginger tea :D I welcomed monsoon this year at native.. I got drenched in the verandah, surrounded by the greenary ( u saw the pics on fb :P ) I love rains for various reasons.. But I hate having to go to college in the rains :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Hahhahahahah! Chatak Pakshi! It's been a while that I heard this word! :D Aha, ginger tea! Pure bliss I tell ya! :D :D I remember getting drenched when I was younger - then life happened. But yesterday, it was awesome! :D :D Ah, yes you are a frodent!!! :D :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

:D :D Aaaah, samosas! Sachchi! :D :D I know, even in Bangalore, I just saw ravens and crows, but here in Bhopal, they are every where, little ones, chirruping around! Quite a sight they create! :D :D :D

Happy Monsoons *Hopefully* AS! Blessed Be!

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Yeaaaaaaah!!!! :D :D I love Mirchi Bajjis!! :D Damn, have to make do with tea, but who's complaining! :D :D :)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

To Aster! :) :D And rains and music!! :D :D In that Order! :D :D :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Hiiiiii :D I knowwww I have been missing, but I am glad to have been seeing you here with me! :* :D Love you.

Now, rains! Wipes away is what I had meant to say! :D :D Yes, that temporary bliss is perfect to recover! :D Hehehehe, Yahaan aa jao, you will see real mein! :D :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

I love Schubert and Rain combo! :D :D Yep, totally agree with ya! :D

And sparrows are really adorable! :D :D They are naughty kids in rains. :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Hehheheheh, not skeptical at all, eh? :D :D Thank You Thank you!! :D And I loved that rain waala post, sachchi. :D :D

Nice to see you here! :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

I knowwwww :D :D I loved the Blue on You by the way, as you know! :D :D Kya rains waali feel thhi! Waah! :D :D I know, when the mud sticks to your feet and you need to rush, gaah, that icky feeling is annoying! :D :D

Mwaaah. My Blog missed you Sis! :D :D

phatichar said...

Pleasure.. :)

Confused Soul said...

I won't exactly say that rains are gloomy, but they def bring back memories. I love the weather and the smell of mud after it rains. :)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Totally... Unfortunately, I do not have memories associated with rains...but I love rains now, nonetheless. :D :D

Mirage said...

You have flawlessly and smoothly expressed what rains mean to me. They are a bundle of joy. Yes, I too believe that they wash away sorrows and this is the reason my mood uplifts whenever it pours.

Sigh! I so want to feel that again. Here in Delhi, it is so darn hot. It sucks, real bad! :(

I love cardamom tea. It's a routine for me to have one if it rains. :D And the smell of wet earth...eeeeeee!!!!!

P.S: My mom says that she'll marry me off in Cherrapunji because pf my extreme love for rains. :D
*Mothers are too much, by god*

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

:D I know, luckily, this time, I got a chance to soak up the rain. I love elaichi tea toooo! :D :D Aaaah and wet earth, Paradise in our arms! :D :D

Hahahaahaha! :D Tell her you have company! ;) :D

Keirthana said...

Rains - Bliss, Purifies the self, Makes me feel like am floating into a pleasant peaceful void. The environment wakes up when it rains. That's how I see rains :)

Loved reading the post, was visualizing the whole thing as I swam along the post :)

Cheers,
Keirthana