7 May 2012

War, Heart, Blood and Fire...


NATASHA RUN! THEY ARE HERE!!! RUUUUUUUN!!
 Maaaaa........NOOOOOO!!!!!! DAD!! Watch out!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

*Sound of gunshot*
*Darkness*
_____________________________________________

Dark. Cold. Damp. 

"Is she dead?" I hear a man's voice very close to me. I hold my breath as a finger hovers near my nostrils. I cringe internally.
"Naah, the bitch ain't dead. Just out cold!" I hear a mocking voice and lot of footsteps around me. Oh God. I am with them. The enemies. I feel my body through my mind - I feel all right except a little pain towards the left side of my ribs. My dagger, tucked inside my vest is still intact – cold against the warmth of my body. I am alive. Surprise, they have not found my weapon yet. What happened? My family! I feel a tear leak out of my left eye.
"She is hot, dude! It's been a while. Wanna give a shot?!" Third man's voice. Leering and disgusting. Heaven save me. 
"You dare fucking touch her and I will kill you!" That voice. I feel myself sinking. Where have I heard this voice before? Where?
"Whoa! Man, what's your problem? She ain't your bitch - we found her - you just killed her family, but we got her here! So, she is ours!" Lot of commotion. They want me - want to devour me.
"I am warning you the last time. Any one of you fucking touches her and I will forget we are together. Do.You.Hear.Me? I will kill her myself." He repeats – his voice cold as steel knife. I shiver. This time, there's no argument. I feel people leave and involuntarily, I exhale in relief.
"You can open your eyes. You're safe now." He is talking to me. But I am dead afraid to see what will be before me. I am suddenly in air - he has lifted me up - and lowers me on a bed. My heart has forgotten to beat. He isn't my savior. I feel the quilt around me, as he tucks me in the bed. 
"I am right here - if you need anything." He assures me as I whisper a soft Thank you.

Image Source: weepingsisyphe.deviantart.com
_________________________________________________

Pain. Fear. Loss.

"Hello? Excuse me?" I whisper at the silhouette sitting a good 5-6 feet apart from the bed. My heart thuds in fear of unknown. What if this is someone else? Better. I would rather die than live.
"Yes. I am here. Do you feel all right?" Same voice. It's too dark to see who he is. But I know the voice. I feel him walk towards me as I rise and sit on the bed. I need to get out of this place but not before taking some of these people down with me.
"I am good. Are you going to kill me now?" I ask, gritting my teeth. 
"Hahah. I saved your life! Why would I kill you now?" He says - boyish laughter lacing his voice. 
"You killed my family. And I should be grateful to you for letting me live?" I mock. Seriously. Things these people expect. There's a reason why this is called a War.
"No. I could not...kill...you." His voice chokes. Strange. And a weakness that could definitely kill.
"Too bad...'cause I ain't letting you live." I leap on him with my dagger aimed for his neck. I am not a combatant but I am not weak either. He swiftly raises his palm as my knife slashes a deep cut in his left shoulder.
"Oh no you don't!" He grabs me by my waist and throws me on the floor. His left arm is bleeding as he holds both my arms down on the floor. And in the light falling on him from a distance, I see his face as his blood colors me. My eyes widen as the dagger drops from my hand.

Image Source: colourbox.com
________________________________________________

 Love. Memories. Truth.

What the fuck?!” I feel numbness creeping all over me.
Get out of here before they come. They wouldn’t like what they see.” Kay shoves me aside, his gun pointing at my chest.

Kay – my childhood best friend. Kay, the topper of his University. Kay – my first love. The one who was interested in all that communist jazz for which I used to tease him. I had asked him once if he could shoot me, if I ever went to the dark side. Who knew, that childish banter would come true?

He killed my family. He is enemy. But I used to love him. No, I will not let myself weaken. Kay points at the ventilation window, directing me to escape as he turns around to check.

Kay. I never forgot you.” I pull him to me and shove the dagger deep into his heart. The ghost of a smile that had touched his lips briefly leaves, as he gapes in shock. I stab him again as he falls on me, the trigger of his gun pressing.

The bullet scrapes my waist as I free myself of his weight and jump off the window. This Pain is Beautiful. This War has ended.

Heartbeat a Heartbeat I need a Heartbeat a Heartbeat.
Tell me would you kill to save a life.
______________________________________________

A song that fires me up like anything. It's called Hurricane (Click on the linkfrom 30 Seconds to Mars. Here's a Lyrics video  for you. The last two lines are from there. Lemme know what you think. :)

Till the next time fellas - Keep the fire alive and chase your dreams to light. Blessed be!

10 comments:

Swarnali said...

Whoa...awesome girl... that was awfully good...loved it...absolutely..
you could feel the end coming...slowly..but you still do not know whats going to come..you are definitely the queen of the climax :D

CD!!! said...

Different feelings all in one story! Loved this.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Some things you hold on to - some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

~Bryan Adams



Love accepted, and denied. Nice read.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Swarnali: Hehehehe! Song is nice na?? :D Thank you thank youuu! :D :D <3

@CD!!!: Thank you!! :D :D

@BA: Ah, how appropriate. That's how love and life work, don't they?? :D :D Thank you! :) :D Wasn't this love in a way - she freed him.

Blessed Be!

Confused Soul said...

This was Intense. And yet this was beautiful.
You manage to take me to a world. Unknown.

Gosh hats off for bringing out so many emotions at once.
You are AWESOME :D

Ruhani said...

That was quite brilliant :)

Freelancer said...

*gulp*

remind me not to cross you. EVER!

maithili said...

This is very intense, quick and twisty! Loved the read and you are back to your way of hooking me to your posts :)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Confused Soul: :D :D Thank you! :D Awww comeon! Blessed be! :D

@Ruhani: Thank you!! :D :D

@FL: You better not. EVER! :D

@Maiths: Aha! I am glad you are hooked again! :D :D :D So am I, my lady! :D Blessed Be!

Bhargavi Kashyap said...

Loved the way you put it together :)
Brilliant Pradeeta :)
Much Love :)