25 Mar 2012

Step Two, With You.

Blessed be my Mystical Fellas!

A Huge Blessing and Thank you to everyone who has supported me after the last post, physically or in Spirit. I owe you, lovely people. :) I am overwhelmed by the love I manage to gather from you all, even though I don't feel that I keep up even. *Hugs* to each and everyone of you. *Psst: Anyone noticed the mush increasing in me, or is it just my bitchy conscience telling me to tone it down a bit??*

Mushy Stuff: Image source: fineartamerica.com
Nevermind that. After a long contemplation (Okay, I'm lying. I think as I write) today's post is more related to the person I am in this world and what I do, rather what I actually am and love to do. Confused? So am I. 

Image Source: danscartoons.com
My Law School has come to an end. Finally. Sadly. Fortunately. Abruptly. 5 Long Years. Ain't a joke, fellas, is it? Few people would agree with me. Yesterday it was the last class of the last semester. Some bonds which were formed took sudden priority. Who says women cannot be friends? I found my guide, my savior, my love, my woman in Stuti. I have to take her name, for she has always been a discreet presence in my life, watching my back, supporting me, holding my hand in darkness and loving me, with all the chinks and cracks in my armor. I've always been very, what do you say, floating in  my demeanor, I touch everything but don't linger. This, is mostly with all my relations. Very very few people, thus, are able to hold on to me, and eventually I stick. 

Image Source: claytonsmalley.com
With her, I realized what friendship Unconditional Friendship meant. From the Orientation Day of us, the would-be-lawyers till yesterday to Oh-God-let-us-pass, she has been constant. Our conversations are never incessant chatters. They are silent, peaceful, contemplative and soothing. She is calm. And when she is not, I am. We balance. My love for coffee and her love for mystery intermingle. She has taught me things about life. How age doesn't really matter, when you live life in every moment, when you gather knowledge, every single second. She is a perfect example. Every morning, the first person I look out for, sorry, used to look out for, has been her. Her smile. And that warm hug. When troubles used to bother me, push me under, she used to just know. Never, I remember, I had to tell her, that Stuti, blah blah blah, my life sucks. She would just ask me, "Are you okay?" She once said that I put up a great act of being strong and she was proud of me (with respect to Mom). She has always supported me, she is my best critique and best fan. She appreciates me when I need it and is honest with me, when I know she should be. Speechless conversations - they are the best foundations you can lay, for speech, burns the energy you could have saved for doing something better.

Image Source: flickriver.com
I remember one incident. We were in out 3rd Semester and we had formed our own groups. We used to sit together but then we changed places. We had nothing against each other, we were still the friends we always were...hanging out later and all that. But our faculty members noticed. The teachers wondered whether we had issues, for we were almost joined by the hip. I was called to the Counselor and so was she. I remember, both of us looked at the Panel of teachers incredulously and burst out laughing. They were so...naive(?). Stuti told them that everything was all right between us and that we were as happy as we were before. We still remember it and laugh. 

Yesterday, I had no guts to look at her. There was a knot in my chest and a lump in my throat, I never thought, would resurface. But it did. When everyone left the class after the final bell, we were alone. I told her I don't want to look at you. But then, she hovered and I ran and hugged her. And the dam of tears broke. Even then, her eyes were filled, she was trying her best not to cry while I bawled my eyes out on her shoulders. I love her. I absolutely love her. She is the friend, I believe. the word friendship is made for. *Touchwood* We are beyond the trivialities and unnecessary expectations that mundane world imposes. And God, please kick me in the gut if I hurt her. Being the incorrigible Freak and Creep Magnet, I am also this sometimes selfish, sometimes indifferent person. I don't want her to be subjected to my shortcomings. And you know, she doesn't. If we have spoken 10 days back, we would start off at the same note. Her presence makes me happy. Her voice, her calmness, grounds me. She is someone, anyone would be extremely lucky to have in their lives. 

Image source: cepolina.com
And those bloody people, who have tried to break her heart, ek ek se badla lungi! Huh. No one hurts the one I love. So, yeah. End of Law School and beginning of being a lawyer in few days. Life is interesting. And you thought, amusement parks were more fun? Who are you kidding? :D

Till the next time, my Beloveds, Learn and Grow, Life is too short for Grief and Sorrow! Blessed be! :)

PS: Never thought I'd be writing about it, but right now, she is running in my head. *Grins*
PPS: If anyone can give me employment, please tell me, for I am definitely not getting placed.  *Pretty Please?*

8 comments:

Bhavana said...

a beautiful ode to a friend:):)

IRIS said...

my attempts at keeping my tears from rolling down my eyes, nose, cheeks, neck, hair and places that i don't think i should mention in a clean post have finally failed ..... !! from the second i saw you for the first time till the day v officially bid adieu to our student life which we both know was nothing short of an ever changing tough reality, our friendship has been the only constant. but through all the unconditional love that v shared till date i have but one condition for you ... do not shy away from making your presence felt in my life cos no matter how far i may be it will always be important for me know if 'you are all right'.... will always love you pradita :* PS: our coffee sharing date is still due.

meoww said...

mishti...I LOVE YOU
and i know you will shine like a star wherever you go
muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
GOD BLESS YOU
*touchwood*

blessed be

cheers!!

Cяystal said...

Law school is coming to and end? And mine hasn't even started! My school hasn't even ended. Well, it is. Almost!
I don't know. Things with friends change in the strangest of ways. I have a Stuti in my life too, almost. And we've had the incident ala the one with faculty memebers too. People can be naive, yes, but sometimes they speak the truth under the naivety :) I love love the part about speechless conversations. It is SO effing true.
And I love you, no matter what, and the way you put things together cannot be matched to another. :-*

Cяystal said...

*well, it has.

Mirage said...

Such is friendship... Makes one write an exceptionally sweet post. :-* :-* I haven't come across any other blogger who could write something so beautifully for a beloved. :-)
God bless!

And and your college ended? So soon? :O
Or may be I didn't know that you are in final year. :P I have still got three more years to go. Anyway, I wish you lots of luck for you future endeavors. And like Meoww said, you will shine like a star wherever you go.

Take care!
XOXOXO

Keirthana said...

An awesome post about awesome friends. So sweet :) Nothing but sweet friendship can bring out such unique and heavy emotions.

And you are now a lawyer! Let me tell you a little secret. Lawyers and Courts have always been awe-inspiring for me. I have never been to a court ever. Will you take me with you once and let me see you doing a case? :) ;)Sorry for being melodramatic, but that is how it is for me :)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Bhavana: Thank you! :) :)

@IRIS: Today, I read this again and thought of you...tears, which I thought, would have dried up due to the torture I'm going through have welled up, soothing my heart, that you are here, with me. I'll never disappear, I promise...I will not let you be oblivious to my existence... I will always love you too! :* Coffee Date is going to be sooner than you expect.

@Meoww: *Tight Hug* Girl, I love you! Thank you for those starry wishes, I need them. Mwaah! Blessed Be!

@Crystal: Oh, I've missed you so much! Is it just me, that I'm being overly emotional these days? I have tears in my eyes...I missed you! Yes, with friends you can never say....but some, who stay... they make us feel lucky. I love you tooo, so much! How, I've no idea, but I really do! <3 :*

@Vi: Dost!!!!! I missed you too! OMG! Where were you???? :* Vi, sweetheart, did you notice the incoherency in what I've been writing off late? I'm so out of depth. My college, yes, ended. 5 years! Now I feel really old. You have a friend here, if you need any help. :D :) Thank you!! :D And Blessed Be!

@Keirthana: :D :D *Hugs* Hehehe, I've been to Courts, but girl, I won't be practising mostly, but yes I can take you there. I'm a lawyer now, indeed. :D :D No, you ain't melodramatic at all. I like your enthusiasm :D Mine had dried out! ;) :D Love!