20 Sep 2011

Fear - When I grew Up (Part - 9)

Read Part 8 Here

Dear Diary...I...I tried to search him. And I asked the winds to help me. He was there...near the Old Library. He has a small house. Um, I did actually talk to him. Claire Claire Claire, are you sure what you are getting into?
Image Source: buenosairesphotographer.com
I sat with Margaret today. She told me I should not let my mind wander. She says it is my life but I should concentrate on the purpose that I have been assigned by nature. Okay, I understand. For a second, I had been thinking that we (Him and I) will meet and fall in love and then...yeah, selfish selfish thoughts, what can I do? I am a human after all - no, I am gifted. I should never forget that.

Image Source: 123rf.com
Anyway, I followed the winds and decided I will wait and watch him, but I suddenly felt stalker-ish. So, I turned back on my heels and walked towards the woods. I stood near the tree where I had been hiding the last time I had seen him. I sat under the canopy of huge leaves and scattered my Candles. Today I chose a white daisy for mental peace and channeled my energy into lighting the candles. I sat there, staring at the beautiful flickering light when a huge flapping of winds sniffed out my candles. 
Image Source: worldofstock.com
I looked around in astonishment. A crow was circling and coming for an attack towards me. I froze. I tried to calm it down, but it's thoughts were jumbled mess. It was ill. I lifted my hands up to save my self. A sudden shrill Caw Caw made me open my eyes...the bird had disintegrated. All that remained of it, were scattered black feathers. I instantly turned around to see who it was. As my heart already knew, he was standing near the tree with lazy wisps of smoke coming out of his finger tips.
Image Source: 123rf.com
Honestly, I was furious. I mean, he isn't supposed to hurt these creatures! And besides, I could have managed  the crow myself! But I know I couldn't. That is why I am learning to control my emotions. Fine. However, I looked at him straight in the eye and said, "You shouldn't have done that!" He curled his fingers into fist, when I noticed a sling bag on his shoulders, presuming it carried another set of books, which would unfurl the mystery of his gift. 
Image Source: newsfeed.time.com
"I saved your life." He said. His eyes were like dark swirling storms. I was scared to look at him but intrigued at the same time. If he is powerful, so am I. "You might have just saved my eyes. Thanks." I snorted, and said sarcastically, but instantly regretted my action. Anger was not the way I should be doing this. Instead I looked into his eyes and tried to read his thoughts. 

I saw sudden images flashing - I saw myself, my dark wild hair, my eyes and as he saw. OH MY GOD! He had seen me light the candles! The intensity of emotions that were running through his mind pushed me out of his head. I instantly fell on my knees breathing hard. 
Image Source: Google images
"Whoaa! Are you all right?" He asked, but did not come near me. It was good. If he had touched me, God knows, my heart might have disintegrated! I held my head for a brief minute and said, "You saw me. Now?" He nodded a yes. I thought he would smirk but instead, he sat down next to me and said that the fire thing was really amazing. He spoke in a soft but a deep voice. Baritone. Like Music.


"How did you learn to manage your energy?"  I narrowed my eyes at him, wondering if I should tell him. Then I remembered Margaret's words. She had approved of him. "It takes a lot of concentration and focus."I said.

"I understand. Are you angry with me? I killed your pet apparently." He shrugged. His fists tight and his knuckles turning white.
Image Source: empowermoments.org
I felt my heart thudding. Slowly, I thought of the calming energy of earth and placed my palm on his and channeled my peaceful energy into him. His eyes widened in shock and amusement. He scooted back suddenly, his hands slipping from under mine still glowing palms. I hadn't realized till now how my glow was always there. I was hurt. Stupid tears sprang up in my eyes. 
Image Source: blissholistics.com
I said, "I...I am sorry. You helped me. I was just paying you back." I looked down and gathered my stuff for the ritual and started to get up. Before I turned around I pleaded to him, "Please do not tell anyone about this." I felt bad that he was scared of me. "Hey wait up." He stood up abruptly, stood before me and said, "Heyy, where are you going??"He said. I told him. "You seem afraid of me. Honestly, I shouldn't have done that. I must leave." I started to walk away. 
Image Source: freewebs.com
Everything around us was calm. My eyes followed the line of trees and the living creatures who were also my friends. A bird's tiny voice reverberated in my head -  Claire...wrong. 


"I am not afraid of you. The feeling of peace...it was something that I had never felt before. It...it was amazing." I turned around slowly and looked up at him. Sincerety. Honesty. Involuntarily, I read his thoughts. He was intrigued by me. Someone...hazy...old...Darkness...That swirling intensity hit me again. But I clenched my teeth and closed my eyes. This shouldn't be happening. We have to work together.


I open my eyes and spoke, this time, with conviction, "We are to meet again, for our stories are weaved by the stars. A hand holds hand to save what is ours and to nurture the love that is showered upon us by Heavens." I quietly turn around and start walking away from him, more determined. If we are to meet, we will, eventually. I must not push anything. He just stood there. Not stopping me, just looking at me, awed.
Image Source: Google Images
I heard him say,"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant. I will see you beautiful Claire again." My heart throbbed with fear. He knew my name and he had chanted an old Latin Phrase, which the winds loyally brought to me. The phrase meant...

The stars incline us, but they do not bind us.
Will we dance to the tune of the Universe? (Image Source: genfeanor.deviantart.com)
I had not cared to ask him who he was, what his powers were. I was being stupid and Margaret will be so ashamed of me. Next time, there will be no turning back. 


Love,
Claire,
12th July 2011

9 comments:

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

Oh wow! wow! wow! Its like magic! :D But i am unable to guess the direction the story is taking.... hmmmm... ok.. let the suspense be :)
But write the next part soon! No long gaps! ok? :D

PeeVee said...

The winds are brewing romance again AND he's terribly mysterious. I don't know what to make of that:) Waiting..

Red Handed said...

And i am back in track...whr is the destination MSM?I am loving this but having trouble waiting for the end....tellmmeeee!

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@TheGirlAtFirstAvenue: Yayyyyy!!!!!! :D :D I knoww, hai na? You know Chandana, the end is very vaguely developed in my mind...but I don't know how to reach it. That is why it is taking so long! :| But yayyyy, you liked it! :D <3

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@PeeVee: Romance! :D :D Your Forte'! :D You got me hooked to it, thank you! :D Oh, I am trying very hard not to make them fall in love...I am already falling in love with the guy!!! Oh, and you all, please suggest some guys' names na! :D

@Red Handed: Red! I am as confused as Claire! :( I have no idea where this is going! :( But I am trying to figure this out! Sorrryyyy!!!

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Darn, it seldom happens that things go right the first time itself, do they?

Nice post!


Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Blasphemous Asthete: I know, with me, it never happens! :P I am working on setting things right for Claire! :D Thanks!!! :D

PS: Can you suggest some good names for Men?? I am out of them, the names that is! ;) :P

Nia Charms said...

OMG. I just read the previous posts as well. Its so freaking awesome. And now I just cant wait for the next part.

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Hey Nia!! :D Long time no see! :D :D Thanks! Next part(s)will be up soon!