26 Jul 2011

I Heart Tags!

Hello everyone! Blessed Be!

The night is perfect - it's raining and it's a wee-bit cold, just the way I like it, so you may not be surprised, if you find me ranting again. :) :D I just now made a list of the most weirdest superstitions followed by people (including myself) but more about it later. 

I have been tagged by the Chocolate Obsessed Lady - Priyanka Victor. It was on 5th July and I am late, I know. (In my defense, I was fighting the evil disease of procrastination). The list of questions are very interesting. I got to know more about myself and so would you. :D Here is the tagged me. Thanks Priyanka. :)

Few people wanted to know whether I am really a girl. Yes, I am. 
1. Without sharing your name, who are you?
I may not catch your eye when you look around. A lost look is dominant on my face. But if you do get to know me, you will find someone who is a serious observer, talks a lot, laughs a lot, snaps obviously and a bit more than lazy. Oh and I am also someone, who will answer all your doubts about – 'who do you feel I am and why the hell do you face read?' :P ;)

2. Describe yourself in less than Five words.
Klutzy, Thinker, Pacifier and Protector. That’s Mystical Skeptical for you. :)

3. Do you have any special talents? What?
Oh, I definitely do have special talents, if you ask me :P 
  • I am an unconscious flirt [that’s what my friends say :|] ;)
  • I can sleep (Uh, yeah sleep – like with flopped open mouth and snores :P) anywhere
  • I can tap into people’s emotions. (Yeah, I am a freak, so what?)
  • I can calm people down…and fluster myself :P
  • I never pick up my phone. (Plight of all the people who need to talk to me or text me)
  • And I love too many people at the same time. ;) 

4. Are there any talents you wish you had? What?
I wish I could sing on Stage. Not that I can’t sing now, but singing before people and listening to the thunderous cheers is something I secretly desire. And I also wish that I could teach people how to connect to their souls – I don’t know if that’s really a talent.

5. What are your most important interests? What do you like about them?
  • Writing: it calms me down. The worst of my thoughts go on paper in the form of a story and the best of them, make me realize how beautiful some things can be. 
  • Sketching: There’s something about those rough, scrawny lines that make me feel like a creator of sorts.
  • Watching Tattoo Art ;)
  • Drinking coffee: it’s my poison. :D 

6. What is your opinion of Lady Gaga?
To dress and sing like that is the epitome of a weird combination of Talent and Attention Deficit Disorder.

7. If you could go anywhere this second, where would you go?
Home, to my mother.

8. What are your favorite foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Since I do not live at home, I do not have any favorites. They are mere morsels for survival! *Sigh* I love Italian cuisine though. But, if at home, for breakfast I like cereal or dosa or poha (It’s a rice flake dish…yummy!), for lunch I like my mother’s cooked food – anything and dinner – please with this question – I am already hungry! :P

9. Do you have siblings? Talk about them; if not, talk about being an only child.
I do. A 21 year old younger brother. I could write a book on him if given a chance to talk. Oh, I have had my share of being the bitchy older sister and him being the snitch, but now it’s like a whole new relation we have. He is the only guy in this world who gets to be loved by me, other than my father. Other men, I somehow scare them off :P I am like his younger sister and yes, he is subject to read all the stuff I write. Whatever it may be. And he is the only one who knows all my secrets – weird crushes, dark intentions et al. We even planned to sneak out of the house and live in a tent when we were kids. Our mother caught us last minute. He was 6 and I was 8. 

10. Do you like sports? Which teams do you support?
No, I do not. Cricket is the only sport I have to watch. I support Indian team any day. I am a sport illiterate chick (Yeah, proven).

11. Do you have any tattoos? If not, would you ever get one?
No, I do not. Yes, I would. A crescent moon with a filigree on my shoulder, if I can. 

12. Have you ever donated blood? Why or why not?
No. I have not. Yes, it’s a shame. I am scared. Do not ask me why – I know science. 

13. How do you like your coffee and/or tea?
Coffee – strong. Less milk, more sugar. I love espresso. Tea – less milk, less sugar with ginger. 

14. Are you left-handed or right-handed?
Right – handed. Though, when young, I have tried to write with left, somehow I find left-handed people intriguing. 

15. If you are in college, what are you studying? If not, what did/what are you planning to study?
I am in college. Final year of Law. 

16. What are some of your short term goals?
Lose weight (it has been so for past million years), finish my book, go outside Bangalore and let the one who needs to know what I know. (Don’t ask me to elaborate :P)

17. What kind of music do you like?
Music is something, which I so cannot categorize. But honestly, I like soul music like some of our hindi songs, gothic Christian rock (Read Enya and Evanescence) and anything that has only acoustic guitar in it. I also like jazz. 

18. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
With my family, in our village.If alone, Italy. :D

19. Have you ever been overseas? Where and when?
No. 

20. Have you ever been to the circus? What did you think at the time?
Yes, I was quite young when I went there. All I remember is monkey riding a bicycle and sad looking girls in short bright colored dresses doing some jump-hold sort of an act. I remember disliking it. 

21. Are you wearing shoes right now? If so, describe them. If not, describe your socks/feet.
No. My feet? Okay, so, I have small clean feel with painted nails. Do I really have to answer that? :P

22. List some of the things you’d like to do before you die.
Oh man! This question always makes me feel that life is too short. Some things I would like to do before I die: 
  • Get my book published
  • Tap into few mysteries of the universe. 
  • Let someone know how much I have loved him/her
  • Get a tattoo
  • Explore forests
  • Take my family abroad
  • Taste all the variants of coffee in the world
  • Smell the best perfumes
 23. What do you prefer to write with - pencil, pen, crayon, Sharpie, lipstick, chalk etc.?
Pen, ink pen. Or crayon – I love the rough, unclean look. :D

24. Do you like movies? What are your favorites?
Movies, yes. I like animations a lot - Ice Age (All), Despicable Me, Up, Tangled, Happy Feet! Movies like PS I love you and A walk to remember did catch my interest but I avoid over emotional drama trauma. Um, recently I have only seen HP. All time favorites – Don (Amitabh one), Seeta aur Geeta, Satte pe Satta, Abhimaan, Padosan, Bawarchi and In new ones I like Rock on, Udaan, Gangajal…etc. :D Shit, look at the favorite list. 

25. Do you like chocolate? What’s your favorite kind? If not, why?
Yeah, I do absolutely love them. But my favorite ones are the dark ones – I love them. I hate milk chocolates.


I am tagging Maithili, Nia Charms, Blasphemous Asthete, The Solitary Writer and Vinati. I want to see what do you all have to say.. :D :D 

Keep reading my amazing people - MSM blesses you with the best of the times and thoughts. :)

26 comments:

Red Handed said...

Oooooooh teach me how make friends with my own soul..hah can you pls?

Nice read girl.

maithili said...

after reading this who will read mine!! It will look like copied :P I almost felt I was the one who answered a few of the above questions! What to do after all we are Soul Sisters!!
:)

Scribbling Gal said...

You look such a cute chirpy girl :)

And u have quite few answers which sound like me :)Twins answers infact :)

Even I want my book published someday :)

And I love dark chocolates <3

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Red Handed: Yes, I can :) :) :D You just have to ask me (you did, I know :D) I love Red. :D :D

@Maithili: Awwwww, You are such an awesome writer, that people will definitely not miss reading you. :) :D And that, I am not saying to impress you... Yes, Soul Sis!! I heart you!

@Scribbling Gal: Hehehe, Thank You!! <3 I think it's the female gene ;) I LOVE dark chocolates and yes, the Book.... Let's cheers to that. :D

Priyanka said...

You are so the pretty:)
The pretty, pretty, pretty...

But I, for one, never had doubts that you were a girl:)

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Lets start with the last post first.

Awesome post, the story ended on a very beautiful note. The confusion, doubt and all. It was a beautiful ending, and good justice to Abeer's part too.

Now to this one, I had actually read both of them yesterday and had a comment in mind, but due to my almost dead internet connection, I could not. And now I don't remember what I had to say.
Just one, that you did not and yet you told us your age. :P
Rest I forgot.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Oh and you are beautiful.
(I'd rather have commended the pearl smile alone but then I remember that we tend to compliment on single things when we don't like the whole. So, you did not read anything written in brackets and I sincerely meant the part outside it.)

With the light ring on my head.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Priyanka: *Blush* Hehehe, erm. I am kinda shying here :P Thanks! *Blushes again!* <3 I know, seeing me write about the girls that I do...I wonder why people doubted in the first place, when my profile pic also shows a girl :P

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Blasphemous Asthete: (For the Bon Voyage) Thanks! :D I wasn't satisfied though, you know. I felt there should have been something else... but Ira...was someone very close to my heart...and the end gave me a closure to. :D

(For the Tag): *Grins* "Oh and you are beautiful" That made me laugh - I could imagine you saying it with a straight face and trying to smile at the same time :P :P Thank You! Oh, and about my age? If you re-read this one, you'd know ;) (See, what I meant about unconscious flirt? :P I am 23. :D)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

*too

TheGirlAtFirstAvenue said...

I enjoyed reading your answers! And yes you do look so very cute in the pic! :)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@TheGirlAtFirstAvenue: Thank you! :D :D

Vijay Menon said...

oops! you've a bro who's 21 huh? Sheesh..
Enjoyed reading those answers :)
Cheers!

....Here I Am!

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Hahah, why that reaction? :P Yep. I have a younger brother, who's 21 :P :D :D Blessed be! And welcome to my Blog.

PS: Interesting Blog you have got there. :D

Vijay Menon said...

Nothing to really to be apprehensive about, I am younger :( ( again a sheesh! :P )
Thanks for the visit :)

PS: There's one thing your blog presented me - a remainder to visit the ophthalmologist (I agree i googled this) - each time I type that captcha thingy it says something is wrong.Thanks!

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Vijay: Hahahaha! :D (Sheesh, you are younger :P) And my Blog didn't present anything else? (Other than the doc's appointment? :P :D)

Vijay Menon said...

yeah i forgot to mention - a hopeless chance to flirt ? :P

But I am serious this time I am following you ( whichever way you take it! )

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Heard the word 'Cougar'? :P Hahaha, Thanks for following me... :D Really!

Vijay Menon said...

Well yes, -- but what use ? :( :P

I know you're getting sick of this fellow just like i am with this captcha

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

If you read my tag up there ^^ you'd know I am definitely not getting sick :P Anyway...is the caption thing really bothersome, I can try and change it.

Vijay Menon said...

Nah, I think it's some problem with me. Everywhere I go this thing bothers me ( like the Hutch dog )

And tag? Sorry I din get that

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

No worries. :P (I meant point number one in question no. 3 :P ) See, I am old!:P :P :P

Vijay Menon said...

:D :D Not that you're old , I'm Dumb :( poor me

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

Hahaha, nah, you are not dumb...wait, isn't this like a public forum and am I not proving that I am such an incorrigible flirt? Damn! :D :P

Vijay Menon said...

Right! All you other readers can thank me for my valiant effort.

PS: I promise that was the last one,no more...

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

I feel 5 years younger :P :D Hahaha, my readers would enjoy reading this. :D

PS: You got scared? :D Thanks for the visit once again! :D