11 Mar 2011

What Makes Me Glow?

Blessed Be My Open Minded Friends!

I have been invisible for some time and I am so sorry about that. I was busy forming a Coven.


Ahem, before you think I am into Goth punk, I must warn you I was just kidding! Never mind that. I was reading these new series called The Immortals – Alyson Noel and I could not put the books down. They are a bit drab in the beginning through the first book called Evermore but later pick up their pace.  You can check out the awesome website Here.  


I was just going through few of my favorite books in my booklist (Currently I have just finished Harry Potter Series for the nth time) and decided to write on my current interest - Nature and elemental magic for today’s post.

Yes, you heard that right: Elemental Magic - A word I read somewhere (I don't know who has coined the term) seems to grip all my thoughts.

Now what is this mojo of Elemental Magic?

According to me, it's just the flow of energy possessed by five fixed elements around us - the basis for everything, every matter - Earth, Fire, Water, Wind and Spirit. Given a choice, I'd have added Night as well because well, as you already to know, I am biased - being the night lover. 


One of the most potent believers of the power of the nature have been the Indians who even today, worship the Peepal tree, banyan tree and even banana (thought it is not) tree on various occasions.


Even my most beloved Wicca followers have the basis of their religion in the nature. They believe that everything originates from the nature and goes back to it. We are a mere drop in the massive expanse of nature. Not sounding like any hokey professor, I would like to elaborate on this more.

The term ‘magic’ here should not be confused with the tricks or tantrums done with the usage of crystals, gemstones and whatnot (Believers, forgive me. The honest ones are really less in number).  


Elemental magic focuses on channeling the energy possessed by these elements and direct them towards the focused goal. Simply put, since we all are made of energy accompanied with the electric field surrounding our bodies, we can use the energy to set things right, physically and well, mentally.


I will back up my theory here with an example. I do not know how many have you felt it, but if you are super anxious, sad angry, disgusted, frustrated and all that which boggles your mind, try walking in a place filled with trees, greenery to say, or I mean, if you do not have anything of this sort, just try going to terrace from where you can see the sprawling sky – the never ending stretch of blue. For me, this immediately soothes my frazzled mind.


So, why do I insist on talking about this topic? Being a skeptic, I want to know how many of you actually believe that elements can be controlled. Sometimes I question when earthquakes happen, when weather patterns change, when rains happen in mid summer and when sun bores through in mid winters. Is it not because of the acts we have done, we – humans, have exploited the nature and now that its patience level has been dented, it is giving it back to us three fold, whatever we have done.


Elemental magic or just the elemental science or whatever you would like to call it, is a practice which one can undertake to bestow back on nature what it has given to us – the good things – the air, the water, the earth and other things. It can be done anywhere, preferably in a meadow surrounded by trees, where you can sit and quietly take in the essence of what surrounds you. The ENERGY that is. We all possess it. We are made of it. So, all we do through elemental magic is to use this energy for the well - being of all. This post will be of help to those people who have oodles of anxiety out bursts and do not know their way out.


It works! Just try doing it once. And mind you, one does not have to be a nature lover to appreciate mystical things in life. Questioning the power of nature is beyond my realm and there this Mystic Skeptic chooses to be a Mystic when it comes to elemental magic.



I’d love to hear from you if you have had any experience that made you feel that nature is so powerful and so overwhelming that it humbled you. I’d like to know all about it.

Till the next time, let’s go for a walk into the woods, when Night meets Earth meets Air meets Spirit. Fire meets Water and the Hearts beat together. Blessed Be!

 So, what makes me glow? ;)

6 comments:

A Lot Like Fashion said...

I LOVED this post! :) So mystical and surreal! :)
I'm definitely going to try it. I'm a nature lover and I'm truly convinced that nature has its powers!
XX

Bhargavi Kashyap said...

Agree Agree Agree :) :)
Done it and felt good. :)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@A Lot Like Fashion: Thank you! I have tried this whenever I get time. This helps me connect with my self and get a grip on reality! :D

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Bhargavi: I love the fact that you actually tried this, because skepticism blocks many people...thanks a ton for agreeing :D It really feels amazing! Where did you try it, if you can tell me. :D

Bhargavi Kashyap said...

Its hard to find such a place in Delhi though..but Vijay Chowk, near Parliament worked well =)

Mystical Skeptical Me said...

@Bhargavi: I understand. I was privileged enough to see and feel deepest of forests when I was at my grandmother's place - but that was 7 long years ago. Now, here in Bangalore, I've to satisfy myself with a walk inside the campus or at the terrace. Lucky you! :D :D